9.18.2012

DIY Fall Wreath

So who doesn't love a fun DIY craft for the coming season??! I sure do. And this craft project is kind of a big deal....



A wreath. A wreath. An actual wreath. I officially feel like a wife now. I haven't really ever allowed a wreath on our door. Why?? I don't know.... It's just soooo.. WREATHY. Marriedy. Wifey. Old persony. I don't know. Feel free to judge me.


Anywho, I've been searching all around pinterest for fun fall things. And don't get me wrong, there are a lot of GREAT ideas out there, but there are some seriously tacky ones too. I'm not judging, it's just not my taste. So I kind of picked and pulled little tiny things from each craft and created my own.


So, directions:


I started with a plain wreath (you can buy them at hobby lobby for $4, apply a 40% coupon: $2 and some change. Score!) and some different colored sheets of card stock paper. I wanted to go with an ombre-ish look on my wreath so I chose accordingly.







I found a super easy tutorial on pinterest on how to make paper rosettes here


Super easy, right??


Anyways, so I just made a bunch of those. And they all looked SUPER cute together.







Then hot glued the shizzies out of them. Right onto the wreath. Printed out a little FALL sign, hot glued it onto some twin. And VOILA! My first wreath ever.



No comments: